You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

TD's

Thumbs Up

Created by cuj on 25 Jun 2017 17:42

cuj on 25 Jun 2017 17:42

Alright lads. I'm a dedicated track day addict these days. Did 5 last year and already on two for '17, Brands Indy and Snetterton last Monday plus went to the TT again.

Booked at Mallory Park mid-July on a James Whitham tuition day, expecting that to transform my cornering but I've come a long way from last year already.

Late July I'm doing Silverstone GP then Brands GP in August. Happy days.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 26 Jun 2017 08:54

Ello matey how you doing? I had a GSXR I used for a few track days, just never got into it so sold it a couple of months back. What you been up to?

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

cuj on 27 Jun 2017 23:00

Moved down south to the coast, working in ski industry again for a year already. Didn't ride bike at all over winter then the wife got me a TD at Brands for Good Friday and I fell in love with it again.

Aiming to improve my riding considerably this yea, bike still going well although do have a hankering for a litre track bike. 

Why didn't you enjoy it?

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 28 Jun 2017 11:35

Sounds good, you should see if you have a local IAM or RoSPA group; they're a bit full of old men but I did my IAM last year and I'm so much quicker and infinitely safer on road now, it's really good. 

Dunno just decided sports bikes aren't for me, I prefer touring. Done Europe four times now, just prefer something more sedate I think. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

cuj on 08 Oct 2017 09:20

So I did another lot of trackdays since last here, Brands GP circuit and Silverstone GP twice, what a circuit that is, quick as you like although feels slow on a 600 at 145mph. 

Finally achieved a personal goal on Tuesday, getting my knee down on track. A minor point in the grand scheme of things but as a biker something I always wanted to do. Can’t link photos any longer but the TD was amazing, only 25 of us in the fast group and no red flags all day.

Properly addicted to this, something very satisfying about riding fast and smooth, although I want a litre bike for some circuits. Road riding just isn’t of interest now, plus my Supercorsa’s wouldn’t last too long or cope in the wet!

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 08 Oct 2017 12:22

Sorry to hear about your bank balance man, it's gonna be in the red for the rest of your life now. 

I've been getting the trackday itch again recently. Hmmm maybe next year...

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 09 Oct 2017 07:49

Do it, CUJ. I don't think I could go back to a 600 after having  

a litre bike. 

Have you still got the triple, Owain? 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 09 Oct 2017 11:57

Yup, still got it. Won't be riding it much over the winter I'd guess, the Tracer is for that. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

cuj on 17 Oct 2017 19:39

I was hoping to do a weekend at Anglesey to finish off the season but isn’t going to happen now with other commitments.

I imagine I’ll stick with the 600 for next season, perfect my riding style on that and then move on up to a litre bike. Really want an R1!

Owain, hopefully get you back out on track next season. Have you done Bedford before? How about you Andy, up for it?

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 19 Oct 2017 16:20

I've never done a track day on  a bike, and to be honest I'm not in a massive rush. Everyone keeps saying I'm mad, but to me I just like going out on my bike on my own and seeing where I end up. It's kind of therapeutic getting away from everything and Track days just don't appeal to me. 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 20 Oct 2017 13:19

Bedford's a nightmare for bikes as it has crazy low noise standards. Most bikes won't even get on. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020