Thumbs Up

Created by cuj on 27 Apr 2016 21:41

Owain on 12 May 2016 19:16

You'll need at least ten. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 12 May 2016 23:17

Evidence of my dodgy BP last week at Brands... 4m32 in the black/white leathers 

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 13 May 2016 15:49

Cheers again for that, owian. I think I'll book one of the road bike only track days when I can. 

As for the above video, I think it has  been mentioned before,, although you're moving your arse over you're not moving your upper-body. Owain's "kiss the mirror" is the best advice you can take. You seem pretty much bolt upright through out. Get down on the tank!! 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

cuj on 14 May 2016 07:33

Yeah I know Andy! It's really frustrating watching it back especially when in your mind you think you've been going well and then realise there's so much more you should have been doing.

I was out for a blat yesterday and have started attempting the kiss the mirror technique. It does feel odd but every sharp bend/roundabout I tried it on, it worked, so I reckon it's purely practice needed.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 14 May 2016 08:19

Defiantly, mate. Every time I go out I try and improve on something. the down shift thing is a big game changer. Can you blip the throttle in a car on a down shift? When I was on the ambulances they made us practice this for a good hour or two until we'd all got it. We went up and down a duel carriage way, taking it in turns. The idea, at first, wasn't to do it slowing down, but was to just maintain the same speed but drop it down two gears. So, for example, doing 50 mph in fifth gear, dropping  it into third with a blip to match the revs, but maintaining the same speed so there's absaloute no slowing down, or shifting in the weight of the vehicle. It's a good way to practice, then you can do it as you're coming into a corner whilst slowing down. It may be easier to master the technique in your car, then bring it over to your bike. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

cuj on 14 May 2016 22:38

I sold my car years ago mate, just got the bike now, I hear what you're saying though. Some tutorials on YouTube explain how it's done. Just one more thing to think about isn't, along with gripping tank, kissing the mirror, getting knee down, braking at right time, getting the perfect line, lean angle, smoothly on the gas etc. It's fun to learn though, I like a challenge!

I've been sprucing my bike up recently, discovered carbon fibre parts exist for it and a supplier of them lives 15 mins ride away from each me, danger! So far have replaced the front mudguard and rear hugger. Planning chain guard and exhaust heat shield when he has them in stock. Also purchased a set of adjustable race rearsets. I am fairly convinced these will improve my BP since my thighs/knees will always be in the correct place on the tank due to the adjustability of the foot peg positions. 

Here's the bling machine anyway...

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

cuj on 15 May 2016 17:56

Fantastic thread here, in case it's of use I wanted to share it. Worth the read http://www.600rr.net/vb/16-trackdays/71438-articles-lots-riding-tips.html

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 15 May 2016 22:40

You adding expensive carbon on so it's more expensive to crash?

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 16 May 2016 08:28

Don't intend to be crashing....

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 16 May 2016 09:17

I'm not sure anyone does ;)

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 18 May 2016 17:17

So it's a car and bike novice day on Monday, hadn't realised until now. Guess it makes no difference since it'll be split into groups.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 18 May 2016 17:20

Really?! I have never seen that in my life. Sounds like a nightmare to organise...

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 23 May 2016 13:58

Epic circuit this, having a great day so far. Really enjoying the different aspects of flat out speed versus slow technical sectors. A proper race track!

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 23 May 2016 14:04

Good innit? Brands was never the same once I'd done the Snett 300. When you go round that first hairpin can you take a look and see if you can find the bracket from my front fairing, I never found it. 

Cheers. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 23 May 2016 15:11

Had a wiggle going into there myself, and a wobble on the way out 😂

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

1 - 4 + 5

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022