You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Snetterton 300

Thumbs Up

Created by cuj on 27 Apr 2016 21:41

cuj on 27 Apr 2016 21:41

MSV bike trackday here on Monday 23/5.

Owain have you ridden this circuit? Looks quality on all the videos I've watched so far.

Novice only trackday - £99 🤔

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 27 Apr 2016 22:33

Nice. I really should do a train day this summer. How you finding it, CUJ? 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

cuj on 28 Apr 2016 09:05

Hey Andy, I've only done the one track day so far (at Brands) but it's transformed my confidence and knowledge of my bike's limits (not that I'm anywhere near them!).

Still got so much to learn though and ideally I want to get in some more track time before the Isle of Man TT, as I'm heading out there for the fourth year running on 31/5.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 28 Apr 2016 13:18

Snetterton 300 is my favourite track by a mile, it's an absolute hoot. It's also where I crashed though, so there's that. 

I might book myself onto it, y'know...

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

cuj on 28 Apr 2016 16:37

Nice one, I haven't booked yet as I need to weigh up the costs, since it's 3 hours away and I would need a hotel etc night before. Will let you know if I do book, guess it's 50/50 just for now. Be good to meet you though if we both do it 👍🏼

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 28 Apr 2016 18:11

Yeah the cost does soon add up, especially once you realise you're addicted to them. If you do get it booked up then let me know and I'll see if I'm free. 

Seriously fun track though, so much more interesting than Brands. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

cuj on 30 Apr 2016 12:04

Well that's me all booked up! Let me know if you can make it Owain.

Staying in Thetford night before so should be fairly easy to get to the circuit for signing on.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 01 May 2016 09:12

Good man, I'm a little bit in Norway at the moment so I'll get it booked even I'm home. 

You'll love a bit of Snetterton. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

cuj on 01 May 2016 19:43

Cracking stuff, nice one. I just booked Brands again for this Wednesday since the weather looks epic and I feel like I can really build my confidence further pre-Snetterton which looks like a real track.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

cuj on 04 May 2016 18:24

So anyway I turned up at Brands this morning, having booked with MSV, only to see the No Limits guys. Turns out I had booked for next Wednesday not today. Wasn't going home so booked myself in and had an absolute blast, so much faster than my first time out, starting to nail it hard.

No knee down yet but I can tick off one of my objectives, no more chicken strips! 😆

Shredded

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 05 May 2016 09:09

Hopefully  I'm going to get out for a blast this afternoon. Should be home for about three. My chicken strips are embarrassing. Really need to get on top of that. The last few times I've been out the Mrs has been on the back so I Havnt really been giving  it any, although the last time we went out she actaully commented that I was leaning the bike over more than before. Again, riding with a pillion is a slow learning curve. 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 05 May 2016 09:24

How the hell can you cane your tyres like that but not be getting your knee down? That means you're actually leaning far more than you need to, you just  need to sort your body position. 

Basically you've done the hard bit but not the easy bit, you're probably already better than me though. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

cuj on 05 May 2016 14:37

Pretty sure I'm hanging off but no idea how close my knee was to the ground, can't be far as like you say I'm on the ragged edge now. Will work on body position next week!

Andy - I've never taken a pillion. My wife is as tall as me (1m82) so it would be hell on a sports bike.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 05 May 2016 18:17

Yeh, they're not designed for pillions, but the Mrs is ok. What's 182 in English? I'm guessing that's pretty tall? 

Also, fuck!! Only just seen that pic of your tyre!! You should be getting your elbow down with edges  like that!! 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

cuj on 06 May 2016 11:59

182 is pretty much 6 feet tall, so yeah wouldn't be ideal on my bike with us both on there. Would like to get a second bike which I could take her out on easier, as I know she'd love it.

The photos from Brands will be available this pm, so I will see what my body positioning was doing, kinda interested to see since I must have been well leaned in.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

1 - 1 + 5

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020