You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

New (boring) toy

Thumbs Up

Created by Owain on 05 Mar 2015 15:49

Owain on 05 Mar 2015 15:49

Essential though. A once-used single-bike trailer with all the gubbins. A steal at £250. 

Really very scary loading it with one person though, was not fun at all. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

ian7675 on 05 Mar 2015 15:53

What's the width of it? Looks like it could be prone to toppling over if you went a bit fast.

ian7675

Techno Viking (951)

Owain on 05 Mar 2015 15:56

The platform is 3' across, so about 4' with the wheels. At speed in a straight line it seems fine as it's slipstreaming the car, guess the answer is to not cane around corners at speed with a bike on it. 

Didn't want to get a double as they're not safe with only one bike on it, and a triple would be unnecessarily wide. It's lovely and light, seems stable enough and fits nicely in the back of the garage. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

ian7675 on 05 Mar 2015 15:57

4' is more than it looks in the picture, so that doesn't sound too bad at all really. Still got to be better than towing a caravan.

ian7675

Techno Viking (951)

Owain on 05 Mar 2015 16:00

Oh yeah, sod that. I'd neither want to, nor am I allowed to anyway so never mind. 

This trailer seems perfect in that it's just narrower than the car, so I never even came close to hitting kerbs or anything with it. In fact the problem was more that without a bike on it, you actually have no way of knowing it's even still attached, other than a bit of a rattle from behind and the fact that I'm fairly sure I'd have heard it fall off on the A12. 

Just gotta learn how to reverse the thing now. Oh, and fix my towbar electrics, which are apparently very ropey. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020