You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Honda CBR600RR road/track bike build thread (RR8)

Thumbs Up

Created by cuj on 15 May 2016 10:16

AndyJ on 23 May 2016 20:17

I saw the wrong side of 140 last ride I went on. Very naughty, but such a rush. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 24 May 2016 09:23

On a private road, right?

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 24 May 2016 20:10

Here's a better pic of the chain and sprockets. Well pleased with the power delivery now.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 24 May 2016 20:13

Ooh, very pretty. I really wish I wasn't sorting boring house stuff so I could get the bike finished off instead. I had to put new tyres on it for its MOT and they're just itching to be used. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 25 Jun 2017 17:47

I'm now running a full Brembo kit on the front. Calipers plus pads and Serie ORO 320mm discs. Changed my brake line set up too, running two lines off the MC direct to each caliper.

Got a set of Gilles VCR fully adjustable rearsets arriving tomorrow, expecting these to improve my BP no end, plus they look sweet and have race shift option.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 26 Jun 2017 08:55

How do you find the Brembo setup? I changed my GSXR to a Brembo master cylinder and it made a massive difference. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 27 Jun 2017 23:02

The brakes are very good now, no fade or judder when hot which is what I had on the stock discs before.

MC on the shopping list as well as a quickshifter, if my bonus comes in next week!

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 28 Jun 2017 11:36

Here's hoping. Brembo MC and adjustable lever make a big difference. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 09 Jul 2017 22:51

Fitted a set of Gilles VCR's yesterday, fully adjustable rearsets. The transformation in body position was great, seating position so much better for knees/thighs on tank, plus the GP shift is quality, love it although have to think about it at times as it's still unfamiliar and unusual!

Looking at getting a Translogic QS next.

Bike going on dyno tomorrow to check it's not got any issues.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 11 Jul 2017 14:07

Nice. 

Is it standard exhaust or full system? Well worth a remap if the latter. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

1 - 3 + 3

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022