Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

Owain on 14 Feb 2013 17:03
Two words: Trinket blancmange

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

Owain on 19 Feb 2013 10:47
Indeed we did, and indeed it did, fantastic car it is. There was a guy there (whose name I forget, but he did say he's not on this forum but has lurked) who had a standard GTI-6, I spent quite a while talking to him about the car and took him round for some laps, he absolutely loved it.

Looking forward to seeing him again next time with his car completely stripped out.

Only "issue" was the gear linkage becoming increasingly loose, but a look under the bonnet revealed the linkage bracket bolt had come loose - quick nip up with a spanner and good as new.

Only s**tter was a Porsche which managed to do a complete lap of the track pouring fluids down, so the track was closed for about an hour in the afternoon, it was fairly late by then so if we'd have known how long it'd be we'd probably have just gone home. Luckily we stayed, and I got to show some lads in a track Clio what handling and driving really is; followed them for a few laps, they stormed away on the straights but I'd be right back up their chuff bullying them in the corners, was a really good fun few laps.

A trackday is always worth it for me if you get even one of those sessions - you're on it, the car feels good, you're driving well and keeping up with faster stuff, there's no feeling quite like it and you really don't want to get off the track. Luckily, you have an oil cooler and awesome brakes, so the guy you're chasing normally bails out first Wink

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

Owain on 19 Feb 2013 11:01
£20 for a CD of photos of a car that's in my garage? No chance.

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

Owain on 19 Feb 2013 11:32
Yeah it's ridiculous. Problem with Woodbridge as well is there's only one corner where spectators can stand, and it's just after the paddock exit, so you've had to slow right down so it's not even a good corner for photos.

I'd generally get a set if I had a new car on track or something, but there's just no point any more; all you get are a CD full of pictures taken with a lens so fast it doesn't even look like your car is moving.

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

Owain on 27 Mar 2013 11:35
Not really. Don't have the time to make a proper decision either way at the moment tbh, so probably wouldn't risk selling it.

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

rjw205 on 23 Feb 2018 14:04

Why did this stop.

Or does that resurface bad memories

rjw205

Forum Noob (5)

ian7675 on 23 Feb 2018 17:49

Wow is this site that old?

ian7675

Techno Viking (951)

1 - 23 + 23

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022