You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Olds cool

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 25 Oct 2018 18:19

AndyJ on 25 Oct 2018 18:19

Bye  bye R1. So finally selling it. It’s just sat in the garage doing fuck all so. . . 

On a totally random one, I really fancy an old car. An old, old car. 

The Mrs and me like going out on Sunday drives and I’d love an old 50, 60s, motor to cruise about in. 

What we all thinking? Any ideas off the tops of your heads? 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 25 Oct 2018 18:21

An old MG? Either that or a classic well-restored E-Type for about £100k

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 25 Oct 2018 18:52

Sweet. I reckon I’ll get 100k for the R1. It’s a classic, now. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

jsoulman on 26 Oct 2018 07:55

Oops, now your the grandad. I can only think of old triumphs and MG's. Would be nice to have a convertible, I'm assuming this car will be in a garage over winter?

Its hard to know about old cars and all the things that go wrong. Someone I know bought a lovely triumph but later found out it needs so much work and welding to the chassis it's been in parts on his driveway for the last few years.

Amazing car though and it's gonna be amazing when finished. I'd stay away from anything Italian or French.. 

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

jsoulman on 26 Oct 2018 07:57

If you've got the money get, an American muscle car. 

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

Owain on 26 Oct 2018 11:08

Why not get an Exige or something? More reliable than a classic. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 26 Oct 2018 17:16

I did think an exige, Owian, but for a decent one they’re a little more than I wanted to spend. Also, I like the idea of something we can juts trundle around in. If I had an exude I’d be fly out everywhere. 

Soulman, I’d love an American muscle car but I just can’t be doing with a left-hooker. I’ve driven the new right hand drive mustang and I just  found it dull. The engine sound was boring and it obviously handled like a barge. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

jsoulman on 26 Oct 2018 18:37

Yeah that's a true say about American muscle cars to be fair. Do you have a van? How about getting an old van? then you can turn that drive into a weekend away. 

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020