You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Nearly time.

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 28 Nov 2016 00:46

AndyJ on 28 Nov 2016 00:46

Right, so it's past midnight and my eyes are raw from reading up on what car we'll be getting in a few months. We've got about 10k to play with, as I may have said before,   And although I had pretty much settled on an A4 Quattro, the Skoda vrs has come to my attention. Compared to the Audi we could get a newer model with less miles and the vrs comes with quite a bit of kit standard. I think for the price we're looking, I'm going to struggle to get the Quattro specced the way I want, so now massively drawn to the Vrs. 

Thoughts? 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 29 Nov 2016 23:37

Personally, I'd go VRS. Audis are great but you're paying for the name a lot, and people will hate you a lot. 

The VRS is the opposite, nobody will even notice is but it'll be awesome. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 30 Nov 2016 06:59

Pretty much my thoughts. Apparently a much better "drivers" car. 

There's a slight twist to this tale. We've potentially got a nice sum coming from PPi miss sold bollocks, so may be able to afford the slightly more expensive Audi we were origanlly after! 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 30 Nov 2016 08:34

Ooh nice! That's like a free pension you never knew you had. I often think about getting a new car, but they just don't really excite me as much as they used to. Perhaps I'm getting old. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 30 Nov 2016 08:45

What do you drive these days?

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 30 Nov 2016 09:00

Got me a sweet-ass Mondeo. 

Estate.

Diesel. 

Auto. 

I put a towbar on it. 

It brings all the girls to the yard.

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 30 Nov 2016 09:12

I did briefly look at Fords, tbh, and although you seemingly get a lot of car for your money, the drive is apparently dull. I've still got one eye on the Alfa 159s as well. Just a curve ball. 

I really wanted a 3 series coupe, but they only have two seat belts on the back, so not ideal at the moment. Give it another year or two when the kids are a bit older and we won't have to worry about running them around as much, and it'll be time for something a bit more special. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 30 Nov 2016 09:46

Yeah tbh I don't look for a car which is fun anymore, I look for one which gets the job done without any fuss or bother; where I am trying to find empty roads is just pointless so you're always in traffic in one way or another. 

I would consider replacing the Mondeo with a 3-series when it finally gives up though, you can get them pretty much as cheap now. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 30 Nov 2016 09:51

I know. There's some beautiful black coupes with the Polished 19" rims on, in out price range. Just gutted about the seating situation, otherwise I'd get one.

There's still part of me that'd love an Evo or Impreza to play spring with, but it'd  disappear by us. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 30 Nov 2016 10:08

Just wait until the kids are older and you have loads of free time and cash to blow on yourselves. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 30 Nov 2016 10:09

My eldest will be learning to drive this time next year, so she can drive me around! 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 30 Nov 2016 10:23

Pick you up from the pub, you mean. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 30 Nov 2016 13:00

Yeh, that. Although, never really been a pub drinker. Prefer the comfort of home to much! 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 30 Nov 2016 16:08

I'd like to live somewhere with a nice local within walking distance, just so I had the option. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 30 Nov 2016 20:32

Yeh, a nice Wetherspoons. Mmmm

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

1 - 1 + 5

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020