You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Alfas

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 16 Jul 2016 05:21

AndyJ on 16 Jul 2016 05:21

yes or no? 

we'd settled on an A4. I have a very specific spec I want. Quattro, 2.0, 19" rims, s-line. Half leather. Black. Etc. Alfas have just come into my radar. The 159 is a very pretty car and a bit different to the usual German tin cans. I've spoken to a few people over the last month or so and they've all said that their  Alfas have been bang in with no issues. Is it just an old stigma that they're money pits? We should be buying in about December, so no massive rush, but I've been keeping my eye on the market for the last six months or so. Thoughts?

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 17 Jul 2016 10:41

The modern ones are still better, but my old neighbour bought a brand new one and still had loads of issues. Got them sorted under warranty but was still a massive pain in the arse. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 17 Jul 2016 21:50

I've been Reading reviews of ownership over long term and pretty much everybody is saying they're fine to live with. We're seriously considering one! 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 18 Jul 2016 06:51

They sound great and look great, if you want one then get stuck in. I'm sure you won't regret it. Plus whenever something breaks and they fix it under warranty, you get a free clean. My neighbour's one was always spotless. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 18 Jul 2016 07:33

We wouldn't be buying new, so I'm guessing there wouldn't be any warranty on it. Having said that, don't most places to extended warranties on used cars these days? May possibly be worth it in this instance. 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 18 Jul 2016 07:35

Some garages will do their own 3 or 6 month warranties in order to flog you a car, yeah. Might be an idea if you can, a private seller is never going to be honest about any weird electrical issues. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 18 Jul 2016 07:38

We wouldn't be buying private, so that wouldn't be an issue. 

On a slight tangent, my bikes in for mot tomorow. It's Been off the road for a few weeks and looks like we've got a few nice days ahead of us. Although, there looks like some very nasty storms heading our way tomorow evening. Potentially very violent!!

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 18 Jul 2016 08:21

Just get out and ride it you girl. If all goes to plan I'll be in Switzerland tomorrow night. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 20 Jul 2016 04:59

Nice. I take it on two wheels?

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 20 Jul 2016 07:15

Well of  course 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 20 Jul 2016 07:38

I'm a little bit chuffed, actually. Remember me saying my throttle was a bit snatchy from off to on? The plan was to get a re-map thinking that might smooth it out, but I picked it up after the service/mot, yesterday, and it's smooth as a babies backside. It feels so much better! 

What's your plans in Switzerland, then? You out there for long? 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 20 Jul 2016 22:47

I'm on my way into Hungary. Crashed into a cyclist today and ended up in a ditch, I'll explain when I get back. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 20 Jul 2016 22:58

Wtf!!! Hope you're ok, mate!

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020