You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Alright Boyz

Thumbs Up

Created by jsoulman on 05 Dec 2018 10:19

Owain on 19 Feb 2019 16:59

Oh man, sad to see it go?

I bought an FJR1300 so I could do more touring. It's like riding on a cloud but fuck me it's heavy to move about. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2870)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 20 Feb 2019 07:46

Beast!! 

I massively noticed the difference going from a 600 to a litre bike. There was a few times where I’d be able to sit in the 600 and push it backwards with my feet, that I just couldn’t do on the R1. Cue me, struggling like a bastard, trying  to get it out of parking spaces, a few times! 

I think I’m done with bikes for a few years. Well and truly got it out of my system. To be honest, I thought the mrs would be up for doing a bit of touring, but I never really had the right bikes. That FJR looks ideal, though! 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 25 Feb 2019 17:11

Oh for touring it's absolutely made for it. You're right though, if you're not feeling it then it's just a tonne of cash sat there being MOT'd, serviced and taxed every year for no reason. 

What's your car situation at the moment?

Owain

Forum Nob (2870)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 26 Feb 2019 07:59

Still got the s-line A4, although the mrs has just bumped one of the doors, so that needs replacing. What a prick! :) 

The plan was to get an A5 the end of this year, but turning 40 hasmade me take a step back and re-access my life. We’re probably keeping the A4 for a few years and tightening our spending up. I want to get into flipping properties for a profit, so the ten year plan is to save 40/50k and plough some money into that. Something I’ve wanted to do for ages, and since I have no real pension, as such, I know I’ve got to plan for the future. 

Got my sensible head on, at last. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

jsoulman on 27 Feb 2019 16:42

Sensible Simon! So boring getting old isn't it? I'm in limbo as hitting 39 this year and don't really see a point in living over 40 as cant be arsed with getting old, aching, being boring  etc. But alas  life goes on and I've ended up starting an apprenticeship in project management.. Urgh.. Suddenly working hard and being sensible. See what I mean? I think I'd rather die and start again and do all the fun stuff. What an annoying age. We all live too long these days anyway..

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

AndyJ on 28 Feb 2019 07:40

I dunno, 40s not to bad, to be fair. I still feel young, but I’m old enough to not give a fuck. I think the key is keeping active so your body doesn’t cease up. I see so many people who don’t do any regular exercise and moan that their body’s getting old with aches and pains and lack of movement. “It will, Geoff, if you don’t service it!!” 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

jsoulman on 28 Feb 2019 08:38

I exersice more than ever these days, my main is Olympic rings. Got really toned but skinny and theres hardly any body fat on me now. I look like I got a desease but I'm. Solid muscle. I do ache less and my back is in much better shape. Also vaping Cbd after a work out instead of regular weed is much better for me. You tried this? The stuff I have is proper bud but with only 3% thc. 

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

Owain on 28 Feb 2019 09:44

I remember getting to 20 and being like "oh man, 20s sound proper old" then getting to 30 and being "oh shit no, 30 is proper old". I'll do the same when I'm 40 and probably when I'm 80, I'll never feel as old as I expected to. Basically I'm still a dick.

Funny you mention fitness, I have a squat rack arriving today finally. The missus has been on at me for ages, I really enjoyed doing weight stuff at the gym but firstly we figured out we could just buy the gear ourselves for the cost of one year's gym membership, and secondly I hate people and would rather just be in my house. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2870)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 01 Mar 2019 07:10

I agree, gym people suck, so I’ve created my own gym In the garage. Once the R1s gone I’m going to lay mats down on half of the floor space so I can practice BJJ. 

Also agreed, Soulman. Cbd is the way forward. It’s excelllent for recovery after a workout. I think people are slowly clocking on. Tbh, with Canada legalising weed, and a lot of American states , I don’t think it’ll be long before we do. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

jsoulman on 02 Mar 2019 20:21

ive had some great times in the gym but its because I always had weed first to help me cope with how horrible it is. Seen some hilarious stuff like people bobbing up and down in time to the mussic im listening to, but just seeing their heads appear from behind a little wall. Its annoying coping with slight fear at times though, not sure if people are using machines and too scared to ask. I had my own equipment in my last house and that was amazing in the summer! 

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

AndyJ on 05 Mar 2019 12:47

The thing is, you don’t really need that much equipment to do a full work out. All I’ve got is a bench, a handful of free weights and a pull up bar. Admittedly there’s not loads I can do with my legs, but I’ve just bought a decent exercise bike, as I need to sort my cardio out, as I want to compete in a year or so. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

jsoulman on 05 Mar 2019 21:05

Does your missus enjoy watching you work out? 

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

jsoulman on 05 Mar 2019 21:09

Oh for legs, do pistol squats and calf raises etc. You can do them anywhere as long as you have a step for calf raises. Squat with your missus on your shoulders like purple aki. 

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

AndyJ on 05 Mar 2019 22:36

I’ll just squat on her face. :)

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

jsoulman on 06 Mar 2019 14:32

Get her to swallow your nuts then you can get some resistance stretch arm strong style when you stand. 

jsoulman

Loser (1193)

1 - 2 + 3

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020