You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

GTI6 relay layout

Thumbs Up

Created by slywhite666 on 03 Jun 2016 13:22

slywhite666 on 03 Jun 2016 13:22

Hi, I am in need of some pictures of the GTI6 relays that are in the car under the steering wheel cover, as I had the dash out and took these out but didnt mark any of them up or take pictures before removal. I have put them back in but not sure if they are in the right place and wonder if that is what is causing me the other issue with my car.

The other issue I have is after replacing the heater matrix in my car, when I first started it and ran it up to temp to make sure the coolant was not air locked and stopped the car, I tried to restart it and it would just turn over and over, but if left for 10 - 15 minutes it would start straight away. Run it up to temp again fans kick in and go off, turn off and try again, exactly the same thing. The car ran perfect before i replaced the heater matrix so thats what makes me wonder. Does anyone have any ideas and pictures that would be most helpful.

slywhite666

Forum Noob (8)

hibaldstow

Owain on 03 Jun 2016 13:36

I think Soulman's still got a Gti-6, he might be able to get you a photo. Mine's gone now though I'm afraid. 

So when you ran the car, it didn't overheat? There's nothing in the matrix that'd affect the firing of the engine, unless you've not plugged a wire back in properly?

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

slywhite666 on 03 Jun 2016 16:15

That's correct, when the car ran upto temp the fans kicked in, temp came down, fans went off, all was good. turn the car off try to start straight away and just turning over and over. leave for short while and she would start first turn of the key. Wierd I know.

slywhite666

Forum Noob (8)

hibaldstow

Owain on 03 Jun 2016 16:16

I ain't never heard of that. You must have coincidentally ran out of petrol at exactly that moment. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2862)

Chelmsford

oldbrownshoe on 16 Apr 2017 20:58

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=162451

after that i found that one radiator fan motor died so i choose to revive it 

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=162302

oldbrownshoe

Here too much (406)

slywhite666 on 16 Apr 2017 21:40

Cheers oldbrownshoe. I have ll but given up with the car now. I have given all the time I can to this car and might have to call someone in to look who knows more than me and the Haynes manual. Parts are getting so scarce for these now or parts that are still around are usually second hand and no use. But thanks for the help. 

slywhite666

Forum Noob (8)

hibaldstow

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020