You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Juddering sounds nasty

Thumbs Up

Created by Thomsongti6 on 07 Sep 2014 11:15

Thomsongti6 on 07 Sep 2014 11:15

Good morning all!

recently I have noticed when reversing into my parking space last night or any other night tbf, I'm getting a juddering from the gear box area not sure if it's diff, gearbox, shaft or gearbox mount needing adjusted or I don't know wondering if anyone else had this and could shed some light on it? 

Thanks

Thomsongti6

Forum Noob (12)

Pebbles on 07 Sep 2014 11:54

Brake discs binding slightly? As they spend most of their life working in one direction they can make quite a racket going in the other direction.

Try a reversing maneuver using only the handbrake to slow yourself and see if the noise continues. 

Pebbles

Bad example (276)

Bath

Thomsongti6 on 07 Sep 2014 12:22

Normally I'm not braking at all because I'm reversing up a slight hill. It's as though the engine is trying to stall but no matter how high I rev or don't rev it doesn't make a difference.

Thomsongti6

Forum Noob (12)

ian7675 on 09 Sep 2014 16:39

Flywheel?

ian7675

Techno Viking (951)

Steve954 on 12 Sep 2014 21:59

I would say engine mount! Had the same problem on my old one.

Steve954

Should get a life (142)

Norwich

Thomsongti6 on 13 Sep 2014 10:16

I thought it sort of sounds like a mount moving putting stress on a shaft but it's all new vibratechnic engine mounts about 4 months old

Thomsongti6

Forum Noob (12)

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020