You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Satchel inlet injector blanks

Thumbs Up

Created by devere on 25 Aug 2014 12:27

devere on 25 Aug 2014 12:27

Right, I have the Satchel inlet manifold on my bodies. I am running the injectors on the bodies, and not in the manifold where the standard ones go.

Is there anyone on here that has used the injector blanks Colin does?   I have them, but i want to know the best way of fitting them? Obviously if you just put them in as is, they will launch themselves across the garage..... apparently! yell

So im just curious as to what the best method of securing them in place would be?   If no one knows il drop Colin another email, but didnt want to bother him with something so trivial unless necessary.  And i really dont want to run the old fuel rail there just to block the holes.

devere

Not-so Noob (45)

welshpug on 25 Aug 2014 12:42

What do they look like and why would they be launched?

I'd just ping Dave a PM via facebook if needs be, he responds quite quickly usually :)

welshpug

Not-so Noob (34)

devere on 25 Aug 2014 12:55

The look like this

injector blank

There is nothing to hold them in, and not being a held in, they wont stay in there.

And is Dave on the satchel page, or do i need to search him by name?  Not sure who im looking for if i do that.

devere

Not-so Noob (45)

welshpug on 25 Aug 2014 13:14

are they not an interference fit?  so given youre not running boost, they'll stay in fine, maybe a little bearing fit.

PM https://www.facebook.com/SatchellEngineering or https://www.facebook.com/david.vanstone

dave usually looks after the satchell page anyway.

welshpug

Not-so Noob (34)

devere on 25 Aug 2014 13:19

Not tight enough to be an interference fit, no.

They were as they came from Colin with the manifold. And it took ages til I got round to fitting the I let so never asked at the time. Hell, the car still isn't fully rebuilt yet!

devere

Not-so Noob (45)

welshpug on 25 Aug 2014 13:21

is there a groove for an o-ring?

welshpug

Not-so Noob (34)

devere on 25 Aug 2014 15:41

Well i got a response from Dave.  He said they just loctite them in.  They are tight enough for that, so i hope they should stay in once thats dried!

Plus, Daves a fucking unit isnt he?!?!

devere

Not-so Noob (45)

welshpug on 25 Aug 2014 15:58

unit?

welshpug

Not-so Noob (34)

devere on 25 Aug 2014 16:40

Yes, a unit. Really big!

devere

Not-so Noob (45)

welshpug on 25 Aug 2014 17:04

ohhh, yeah he's about 20 stone, but not that tall laughing   plenty of weight training and that kinda stuff.

welshpug

Not-so Noob (34)

devere on 25 Aug 2014 17:05

A handy employee in case someone doesnt pay any of colins or sandys bills no doubt!

devere

Not-so Noob (45)

daver6 on 04 Oct 2014 12:23

Loctite 648 :)

daver6

Forum Noob (4)

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020