You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

GSXR crash bungs

Thumbs Up

Created by Owain on 06 May 2015 08:33

Owain on 06 May 2015 08:33

Not sure what make mine are, but they're designed to avoid having to cut the fairings out. For the fronts, it's just a rod that goes through the center of the axle. I'm not sure what normally goes through there (if anything), but mine is a threaded rod with a nyloc on the end:

Same at the other end:

So you just poke it through, use the spacer on the left side and that's it:

As for the rears, mine are really just paddock bobbins, not sure how great they'd be in a crash but better than nothing. Just screw directly into the holes which are made for purpose:

The sides on mine have a little bracket to offset them through the fairing, perhaps the R&Gs don't have these?

Either way, you just remove the original engine mount screws, put the mount on and tighten it back up. 

They even avoid the rubber mounts for the fairing. 

I forgot to check what make the sides are, I can check if you like. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 06 May 2015 14:05

Cheers, oWain. The Mrs has just ordered mine, so should see them for the weekend. Weathers shocking, so I won't be out soon, anyway. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 06 May 2015 14:10

That means you have time to sit in the garage taking it to pieces. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 06 May 2015 15:20

Mmm, I wish I could. It's just something that I really don't enjoy, tinkering with stuff like that. Unless it's a simple case of bolt off/bolt on, I just can't be bothered. I'm lucky enough to have always had mates/family around me who don't mind doing mechanical stuff. 

I leave it to the experts. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 06 May 2015 15:21

That's why bikes are fun though, they're just big Maccano kits. Nuts and bolts all over, stuff comes off. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022