You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Selling up.

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 05 Oct 2018 08:43

AndyJ on 05 Oct 2018 08:43

As much as it kills me I’m getting rid of the R1, as I’ve hardly used it this summer and with the money I save I want to put it towards our new garden. 

I’ve only ever part ex’d, with bikes, so not 100% sure on the best way to sell it. I suppose auto trader is my go to place, but I was just a bit worried about people wanting to take a test ride. 

Have you guys ever sold privately? Any advice? 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 05 Oct 2018 09:07

Selling privately is a nightmare but it's the way to get the most money, depends what your priority is. I've sold to We Buy Any Bike people who were great but you obviously don't get as much, or I've part-ex'd where you get even less. Is ease your priority or is money?

Owain

Forum Nob (2861)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 05 Oct 2018 10:37

How much difference are we talking? I reckon I’d get about 6/6.3, private. 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

AndyJ on 05 Oct 2018 16:46

They offered me 4K. Fuck that!! Haha! 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 08 Oct 2018 16:53

Yeah about that much

Owain

Forum Nob (2861)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 09 Oct 2018 13:25

To be fair, I had someone phone back and offer me 5. Still less than I wanted, but more than I thought they would offer. 

AndyJ

Loser (2217)

Owain on 10 Oct 2018 10:37

Yeah that's not bad. With things like that, you just have to make sure you're 100% truthful with the condition. I sent them pics of all the scratches, any issues, told them the history etc. Told them that I wasn't interested in being knocked down on price when they arrived and to be fair to them they didn't. 

No point lying about condition of a bike though, just a waste of time. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2861)

Chelmsford

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020