Wanna play a game?

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 04 Aug 2016 10:30

AndyJ on 12 Aug 2016 08:41

Three bikes not enough. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 12 Aug 2016 09:28

Three bikes is never enough. I reckon ten would be good.  

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Aug 2016 09:58

Ok, money no object, and don't hold back, what bike you going to get? 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 12 Aug 2016 10:02

Just one, or a selection?

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Aug 2016 10:21

Just one, so choose wisely. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 12 Aug 2016 10:28

If it were truly free and I could get whatever and not worry about the fact I wouldn't use it much and I probably wouldn't even enjoy riding it that much and it really was just a poser toy, it'd have to be the MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR:

Your turn.

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Aug 2016 10:34

Ooo, Owians got a wicked side, after all!! Ha! 

I know what you mean, though, it's the upkeep rather ham affording the actual bike. Mine would be a Panigale 1198, which I plan to have after the R1. Got a new car to get in December, wedding to pay for next year, and see where we are after that. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 12 Aug 2016 11:29

Yeah part of me would love a new R1 or something for track, just as it's got so much stuff on it that I could comfortably go much faster knowing it's taking care of me; knowing the GSXR has no ABS, no traction control, no power modes etc does shit me up a bit at times. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 13 Aug 2016 18:39

Going back to ear plugs, and maybe a daft question, but what do you use? Just cheap throw away ones, or are some better than others. I literally have no prior knowledge of plugs of the ears. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 14 Aug 2016 09:45

I've tried all sorts, and actually the cheap disposables are the best - I have some 3M -36dB ones. Bought a box of about 200 pairs from Screwfix for about £25 but I'm sure Amazon and the like have them too. I always have a handful in my jacket pocket, under the seat of the bike, everywhere. 

Wear them out a few times, then go for a ride without them - you'll wonder how you ever managed. The wind noise above about 40mph is just untolerable now, I dread to think how much damage that does to your ear drums. And once the damage is done it's done, I've not heard silence in over ten years and trust me it ain't that much fun. 

Make sure you put them in properly as well, roll them up and put them all the way in.

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 14 Aug 2016 11:49

It's mad because I've never really noticed the wind noise, unless I'm doing the wrong side of 100, which is very easy to do without realising, after my first propper blast this morning. I was cruising round the bypass  by us. (Some long sweeping 70 corners, I looked down and I was sat at 110. Oops. . .)

What helmet do you use, as I know some are better than others at cancelling out the wind? 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 14 Aug 2016 11:54

I have a Shoei Neotec now as I had to replace mine after the crash. It's about as good as you'll get for wind noise and still I'd never ride without them. 

Go for a few rides with plugs in, then try without and you'll realise how bad it is. I never used to either until I realised the damage it'd done. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

1 - 7 + 7

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022