You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

So close.

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 04 Jul 2016 10:50

Owain on 12 Jul 2016 14:24

My waterproof jacket is high vis + black, but then I ride for work and go out in all weathers. I wouldn't wear it to parties. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Jul 2016 15:13

Only because you never get invited to any. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 12 Jul 2016 15:31

I'M THE LIVE AND SOUL, OKAY? There was just that one time I did that thing, and now I'm welcome nowhere. ONE TIME. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Jul 2016 15:35

Just the once? Haha. 

I always drop myself in it somehow. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 12 Jul 2016 18:52

Keeps things interesting. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 13 Jul 2016 09:48

Ok, back on topic and I think we've probably brushed on his before, but where do you stand on Ducatis, owain? Aren't the new breed meant to be a lot more reliable than the older models? I've only known a few people that have had them, and admittedly they were older bikes, and they had nothing but trouble with them. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 13 Jul 2016 12:29

They're never going to be as reliable as the Jap bikes but yeah, they're loads better. Gorgeous bikes and amazing noise. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 13 Jul 2016 12:52

Hmmm, I think with the very few miles I put on bikes I could be very tempted. I know I alwyas bang on about it being suitable two-up, but as we've rightly said all sports bikes are going to be pretty squashed with a pillion. We don't do that much on the road together, anyway. And, yes, they are stunning bikes and the noise is amazing. Ok, with a budget of around 10k, which Ducati would you go for? I know you know stuff. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 13 Jul 2016 12:54

Ducati 1198 ?

I'd suggest the 848 but if you're after more power anyway might as well go for the larger one as they're "only" twins. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 13 Jul 2016 13:02

Bit fucking sexy that. I was looking at the 848, and at a glance they don't seem to have the single-sided swing-arm, which look gorgeous!  I'm assuming none of them do. I read that the 848 is a much easier bike to ride and live with, and although I do like the idea of a bigger engine the torque the 848 has would be sufficient. I have to bare in mind that I do a lot of urban riding  between where I live and Solihull, so I think the bigger bike would be pretty tiring for those trips. It's definitely made me ad them to my list though. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 13 Jul 2016 13:04

If it were me, I'd definitely go for the 848 - it's smaller, lighter, and still has a tonne of torque. I only say the 1098 as you're a power snob, that's all. 

I have a dinky little SV650S as a courtesy bike today, it's so much fun. No power at all, but reminded me how much more fun it is ragging the nuts off a bike rather than having far too much power and being scared of it. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 13 Jul 2016 13:13

I don't know about being a power snob, I just want something that has the power in the right places. I'm going to test ride a 675 at the first chance I get, as I know I'm going to love them and all in red they kind of look like ducatis. . .

Not sure whether I've already mentioned but the litre bikes would double my insurance so just not viable for at least another year. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 13 Jul 2016 14:30

Yeah the insurance is the thing people always forget about, then realise how much extra it's going to cost. 

The Daytona is great, but even on that I do miss the torque sometimes, as my Tracer actually has a larger capacity engine. On the Tracer I can get the front wheel to lift just due to the torque, but it won't on the 675. Still pisses all over the GSXR600 though, but mine desperately needs a re-map so that's not really a fair assessment. 

I reckon you should try out something like an MT-09 and see what you think. Tonnes of torque, silly fun, just not a "sports bike". 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 13 Jul 2016 14:37

You're  right, but I'm to vain to ride anything other than a sports bike at the moment. The thing is, I'd probably enjoy and get more out of  something a bit more sensible. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

AndyJ on 13 Jul 2016 14:45

And in the mean time, let's all by a V8 mustang with the steering wheel on the right side. Yes!! 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

1 - 2 + 3

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022