You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

So close.

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 04 Jul 2016 10:50

AndyJ on 04 Jul 2016 10:50

Ok, I'm really can't contain this itch to get something new. My mates letting me have a blast on his gixer 1000 at some point, so I can at least see what a litre bike feels like. I think it's back to plan A though. Going back up triumph to see if I can try the 675. Was it the R you had owain? Was there much difference between that and the stars are version? 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 09 Jul 2016 10:47

Sorry mate, missed this one. 

No, I got the non-R, as it's actually better on road. Reality is I'm not on the limit and I don't need track brakes and suspension. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 10 Jul 2016 23:05

I thought as much. The only negative things I've read about it is that it's a really small machine. I know that's not so bad but I do have to consider room for the Mrs on the back. I nearly bought a gsxr 1000 last week but changed my mind at the very last minute as it wasn't really the colour I wanted. I still think the 750 is the way forward. The dealer by us hasn't got any left until the end of the year. Apparently they properly  messed up the number of bikes they were allowed and they've all sold out. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 11 Jul 2016 11:22

Yeah the Street is the same, it's tiny. Brilliant for me, but wouldn't be great with a pillion but that's not something I ever have to worry about. You're always going to struggle with sports bikes though, they're just not made for passengers. 

You could make me jealous and buy an MT-10. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 11 Jul 2016 12:16

Is that the transformer looking thing? I'm undecided about it to be honest. I was looking round one the other day and I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 11 Jul 2016 12:57

Yeah me neither, I think it's ugly as sin but I love it. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 11 Jul 2016 13:00

I kind of want to like it, and I know it's meant to be a good bike, but the looks were always going to divide the  masses. I think if I was going the naked route I'd go for the Aprillia tuono v4 (or whatever it's called) 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 11 Jul 2016 13:03

I believe if you get the Aprilia you're obliged to get a silly exhaust just because it's one of the only bikes which actually sounds good loud. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 11 Jul 2016 17:31

I was looking at R1s as well. I think the new one is ugly as sin, but the models a few years back are stunning. I've never come across the phrase before, but apparently they were "Big Bang" engines, so they kind of sound like a V-twin. New to me. . . 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 11 Jul 2016 17:37

The R1 (after a certain year) has a crossplane crank, which makes a very distinctive glorious gurgling noise. Same config that American muscle cars have, but with fewer cylinders obviously. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 11 Jul 2016 17:49

That'll be the one. They're the nicest looking models as well, imo. Looks beautiful in the Matt grey. Only down side with that colour is its like camouflage for your bike. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 11 Jul 2016 17:56

This will solve your problem

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 11 Jul 2016 18:40

I think I'd rather be hit by a bus.

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 11 Jul 2016 19:00

You could totally rock it

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Jul 2016 10:31

I actually have a very similar all in one. It's not quite as unique as the one you posted. No idea why I bought it as I'd never be seen dead in it. I think the idea was to keep it tucked away in the bike somewhere, just Incase. I'm not quite sure where I thought I was going to keep it. . . 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

1 - 1 + 3

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020