You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

New toy

Thumbs Up

Created by Owain on 11 Feb 2016 13:51

AndyJ on 12 Feb 2016 14:15

I know what you're saying. That little slip/drop I had last year rocked me for weeks, so I can only imagine how you feel. I get the back in twitching around quite a bit, as I'm entering islands (roundabouts, for you mere mortals) because I'm to heavy on the back break. 

Can't you get the insert to fill the middle of your ly/screen out, or is it a whole  separate fairing? 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 12 Feb 2016 14:18

You can get all kinds of options, tbh below 70mph it's absolutely fine and I'm not planning on doing any touring on it, it's my fun bike for about town and weekend jaunts really. It's not unpleasant at speed, but it would get tiring after a while.

Yeah, it's so annoying, I find it extremely frustrating. It's more that I never grew up with bikes, which is when most people learn how to control them properly. I'm not young enough or fearless enough anymore to just try it out and see what happens. Just needs time in the seat I guess. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Feb 2016 14:29

It's a slow learning curve. I think I said before, I've done loads of mountain biking, over the years, so although not the same, certain skills when things go a bit wrong are transferable. I think the main thing, as you brushed on, is that when things start to slip it's very easy just to completely shut the throttle off., which will generally make things worse. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 12 Feb 2016 14:32

Yeah definitely, but trying to tell your brain "it's fine, just let it slip. It'll either recover or if it doesn't we actually want to encourage a lowside anyway" just isn't going to happen. I'd love to get into mountain cycling, it would defintely help. Thing is I've realised fairly recently that I'm just ridiculously cautious and always have been, and that's why I'm just never going to be an incredible rider. I'm fine with that though, I just want to be good enough to enjoy it without it being frustrating. 

Hopefully we'll get some good weather this year and I can see off this set of tyres, then put some Pilot Road 4's on ready for next winter. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

1 - 2 + 2

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022