You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

New toy

Thumbs Up

Created by Owain on 11 Feb 2016 13:51

Owain on 11 Feb 2016 13:51

Just swapped my Daytona for a Street Triple. Arrives tomorrow. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 11 Feb 2016 17:21

Oooooo, had you actually ridden the street? 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 11 Feb 2016 17:22

Nope, no point. I took the Daytona out the other day and I just love the engine and the exhaust sound, but hate the position. Turns out a shop down the road to me had one in stock so I nipped out, had a sit, done. Did the paperwork, they're delivering it tomorrow once the number plate arrives. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 11 Feb 2016 17:25

I haven't ridden one, but know they're meant to be fantastic bikes. I didn't actually ride it, but I sat on an 07 R6, the other day. Fuck me, that's a cramped riding position. It's like a little kids bike! 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 11 Feb 2016 17:27

Yeah I'm just done with sports bikes, I don't find them fun anymore. I went out in the dry the other day on my Tracer, and it was an absolute hoot. It's so solid and easy to throw around, I'm faster on that than I am on my Daytona. I just don't like them, I don't like being cramped, I'm not confident leaning them over, I just don't like them so I'm not going to fight it anymore. 

Give me something nice and flickable that's actually comfortable too, and I'll be a happy man. Can't wait. Will also be nice having something I'm not afraid to take out in the wet, the Daytona has barely seen the light of day. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Feb 2016 10:48

GOT YER BOYK YET????? 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 12 Feb 2016 10:49

No, they're waiting on some bloody courier to deliver the number plate for it as it had a shit personal plate on before. Of all the things to be waiting for. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Feb 2016 12:10

Arghh, gutted. Its bit chilly, but I'm sure you'll be braving the cold once you've got it. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

AndyJ on 12 Feb 2016 12:11

What colour is  it? Standard or R? 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 12 Feb 2016 13:44

Bloody hell it's cold outside, fingers are numb. The bike seems like it's going to be absolutely amazing, but it's cold and slippery and I don't like the Diablo Rosso's it's got on in the wet much, couple of little slips but nothing to cry about. 

Cannot wait to get it out in the dry, it's so easy to ride! It was definitely a good move. 

It's the standard one, not interested in the R for street really. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Feb 2016 13:58

Very nice. If/when I get a speed, (still keep going back to it) I'd definitely have it in black. It's very pretty in Shit, though. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

AndyJ on 12 Feb 2016 13:58

Ermmm, *white* even. Ha!!!! 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 12 Feb 2016 14:03

Fuck you Andy

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 12 Feb 2016 14:06

Haha, that was I genuine typo. I actually really like it in white. I think red would be my second option though, as it looks bad ass and you'd be much more visible, I would imagine. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 12 Feb 2016 14:09

I think cars in white look awful, but for some reason on bikes I love it; I think it's because there's so much less paintwork, and I love the contrast between the black bits and the white bits. Triumph especially look great in white I reckon. 

Does make me realise how much I have to learn though. I actually think I need to have a few slips and bits to realise how much bikes can actually tolerate without crashing, in my mind at the moment the slightest slip means a crash and death, whereas reality is if you don't react, they're normally not a problem. The problem, of course, is finding that fine line. 

The bike feels so tiny and light though, but it's scandalously quick. I can't wait until it's warm and dry, I think I'm gonna love it. 

Tell you what though, 80mph on a naked bike is an experience, you really feel it against your chest. Been ages since I've had a bike with no screen. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

1 - 1 + 2

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020