You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Withdrawal. . .

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 20 Jan 2016 12:49

AndyJ on 20 Jan 2016 12:49

Anybody out there still!??

I haven't been out in two wheels for months and it's getting me down. Down like Charlie Brown. . . 

I'm 100% chopping mine in around the middle of summer, as I've mentioned a few times. I've still got my eyes on the speed triple, but the monster 1200 has been bought to my attention. 

Any thoughts? 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 20 Jan 2016 14:26

I'm still alive, check on here every now and again. 

Both very good bikes, the Monster 1200 is pretty ridiculous. My Tracer is in having a re-map at the moment, and come summer I have my eye on the Triumph Bonneville Street Twin. I fancy something completely different and actually not so fast. Sports bikes are fun, but I've realised I actually prefer tooling around getting to actually use the gears and open up the throttle. 

Sup?

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 20 Jan 2016 15:39

Yeh, same here. I was looking, albeit briefly, At the Ducati scrabbler. I like the idea of just jumping on something with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and just plodding along at 30mph.

yeh, all good, mate. We're in the middle of having the whole downstairs reconstructed, at the moment, so have no kitchen/oven/sink/ washing machine. Crazy how you take these simple things for granted. 

Pot noodle, anyone? 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 21 Jan 2016 09:25

Triumph announced the new Speed Triple today, just sayin'

Get it bought

Yeah the Ducati is basically the direct equivalent of the Triumph, but I want to trade in my Daytona so makes sense to go for that. My thinking is exactly like yours - I want to get some decent motorcycle jeans and leather jacket which still have protection but mean I don't look like a real bike wanker when I've just nipped down to town or whatever. Some people like walking into a pub with all their gear, I think it makes you look like a right tool. 

The idea of riding something easy and comfortable is appealing in my old age. 

You can keep the pot noodle. 

I'm getting a quote tomorrow on getting the fascias, guttering, front door and conservatory replaced / fixed. Exciting times. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 21 Jan 2016 11:11

I've just had an electric, roller garage door fitted. It's ace. I can ride up to it on my bike, flick the button and it opens, without having to dismount. 

Also, I completely agree about the more casual look. I've been looking at leather bike jackets that you could almost where around town. The new triple looks nice. It still seems to divide people on the looks, but in black I think it looks brutal. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 21 Jan 2016 11:18

Ooh, how much was the garage door? It'll probably  have to be next year now but I need mine done at some point and that's how I'd pictured doing it, so much more convenient. 

New Triumphs all look pretty amazing. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 21 Jan 2016 14:34

Bit of a, potentially boring, story regarding the garage door. We were only going to get one for about £600, but the guy that came out, let's call him Leonard, said they'd had a customer order a red, electric roller door, and a white one had been delivered accidentally. Consequently they were stuck with a white one, that would fit ours, that they had no use for. It was meant to be about £1300, but he said he could do it for £850. So, they came and fitted it. And, get this, the one they fitted was red. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened here. . . 

I phoned the office on the Monday and apparently Leanard no longer worked there. I think it's safe to say Leonard massively fucked up and got the boot. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 21 Jan 2016 15:19

Ha, fucking Leonard. Always hated that guy. 

Yeah seeing as my current door is knadgered and I'l need a new one anyway, electric roller is definitely the way to go. Can you get as many fobs as you want?

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 21 Jan 2016 15:43

We got two with ours. I think they were  120 notes, or something ridiculous, for extra ones. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 21 Jan 2016 15:44

Jesus, that's where they always getcha. Still, better than getting off the bike and opening up the garage though. 

Shame I have to spend all my money on the house this year really, would rather spend it on a bitchin garage...

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 21 Jan 2016 16:30

I don't see any reason why a normal household would need more than two, really. Yeh, 2016 is the year of spending, for us. We're completely re-designing the kitchen/hall. Had a door from the house to the garage. New bike, new car. Living room. Then the bathroom at the end of the year. Phew. . . Exciting times, though. 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 21 Jan 2016 16:31

There is only one good thing about spending money on "boring" stuff - in my mind I'm then done being a grown-up and can spend the next few months burning money on pointless nonsense guilt-free. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

cuj on 22 Jan 2016 21:30

Still got my 600RR, hasn't had much use either since last summer really. I know what you mean about missing it, I've been itching to get out on these recent sunny days but it's too risky with damp, possibly icy, roads.

Just looking for a new set of tyres, which I'll get around March once weather picks up and I can wear them in properly. Found some decent Bridgestones for £230 fitted (F&R).

Off to the TT again this year, fourth year in a row and cannot wait. You learn so much out there it's unbelievable.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 23 Jan 2016 07:08

I only clocked it yesterday, but I realised with all the changes we've made to the house,  and all the doors open, I can see my bike in the garage, from the living room. Happy days. Ha! 

AndyJ

Loser (2227)

Owain on 23 Jan 2016 08:34

Oi Cuj, I'm pretty jealous of that. Where abouts do you stay, rent somewhere or hotels? Sadly I don't have any friends so can't go. What are the tyres?

Andy - I'm disappointed that with all these changes, you haven't put bike parking inside your house anywhere. That's the dream.

Owain

Forum Nob (2868)

Chelmsford

1 - 1 + 5

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2020