You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

Bike headsets

Thumbs Up

Created by AndyJ on 24 Feb 2015 21:58

AndyJ on 24 Feb 2015 21:58

Not top of my list of things  to get, but I've been thinking about getting one, so when the Mrs jumps on the back we can communicate easier. 

I didn't realise how expensive they were! Up to 2/300 pound, in some cases!

Anyway, a mate has just randomly given me a BT set, totaly for free! Result! 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 25 Feb 2015 08:32

You tried it out? I've often wondered how these things work. Are they two-directional so you can both talk at the same time? if I had a pillion they'd be essential I reckon, but I'm certainly not interested in having music or God forbid a Bluetooth phone connection, I go out on the bike to get away from people, not field their calls. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

AndyJ on 25 Feb 2015 08:42

It's purely for when the Mrs comes out. There's been a few times when she just flaps her arms around trying to explain something, so it will come in very handy. As far as I can see it's an open, two way mic. I'm going to try it in the house, later, so ill let you know.

I'm total with you on the 'no radio or phone' thing. I think if you were riding for a living it would be handy, but not when you're just going out for a ride. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 25 Feb 2015 08:44

Yeah I'd be really interested to know how well it works. I know rider to rider has always been tricky because of the range and because it needs either radio (which is one-way) or Bluetooth (which is very short-range), but rider to passenger should in theory be a piece of piss to do technically. 

If you keep them in the house it also means you can go for a poo whilst still talking to the missus. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

1 - 1 + 1

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022