You have unread private messages

Club Logo Club Logo

After market exhausts

Thumbs Up

Created by cuj on 09 Sep 2014 20:37

cuj on 09 Sep 2014 20:37

Anyone had one on their bike? Planning to keep my cbr until spring and whack a noisy pipe on it for a laugh (which I will sell with the bike or separately).

Looking at an Akrapovic or Yoshimura RS-5 slip on.

Any views that could help me make a call?

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 09 Sep 2014 20:50

I've been looking at Yoshi's for my gixxer. The standard one is the size of an old-school garden incinerator, and sounds like said incinerator full of angry bees, when it's wound up. 

I don't really have anything constructive to add, but would be interested on any replies. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

cuj on 09 Sep 2014 21:03

There are so many different clips on YouTube, it's hard to make a choice. The bottom line is that it'll make little or no difference to power but simply make it sound pretty mental! 

Main differences seem to be design, materials used, engine note at idle/revving and price.

I guess a lot of it just comes down to personal taste and budget. 

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Owain on 09 Sep 2014 21:10

The problem I find is that all aftermarkets seem to make bikes silly loud. Would be nice to be able to get a good sound without being an obnoxious twat. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 09 Sep 2014 21:28

Yeah I suspect most will be seriously loud, I'm sure I can live with it for 6 months...

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

AndyJ on 09 Sep 2014 21:48

I think we fall into the same bracket: we don't want an exhaust that's note roars "Cunnnnnnnnt!!!" , as we fly past school girls, trying to impress them. But, that subtlety makes ours bikes slightly less raspy than the stock can. 

I, personally, won't be purchasing one, until early next year, so in no massive rush to buy one. 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Owain on 09 Sep 2014 22:14

I'm gonna wait for one of you to waste your money on terrible ones then I'll buy the decent leftovers from you for a fraction of their original price. 

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

cuj on 09 Sep 2014 22:31

Looks like that'll be me then 😝

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Pebbles on 09 Sep 2014 22:35

They are only loud with the baffles removed. I have a yoshimura fitted and its pretty reasonable. Will upload a video tomorrow ;)

I had an Art can without a baffle on my 600 and it was bloody outrageous in terms of noise. 

Pebbles

Bad example (276)

Bath

Steve954 on 09 Sep 2014 22:44

Just a end can? Never not been with out them! Got a pair of arrows on mine at the moment that run 99db with the baffles removed, with ear plugs in makes the bike easier to ride IMO you can hear what the engine is doing more.

Steve954

Should get a life (142)

Norwich

cuj on 09 Sep 2014 22:54

Just end can yeah. Think the ones I have seen are around 100db.

cuj

Should get a life (184)

Southampton

Pebbles on 09 Sep 2014 23:18

My GSXR isnt much louder with the Yoshimura end can on than my XJR1300 was stock, and the XJR had a Cat. 

Pebbles

Bad example (276)

Bath

AndyJ on 10 Sep 2014 05:56

What sort of 'loud', though? Is it too loud? 

Problem with the stock can on mine (apart from it's hideous appearance, is how raspy it sounds)

It wasn't until I went out with a mate on his k6/7(?), that I noticed just how throaty/raspy mine reaLy is. My mates sounds a lot smoother, and has deeper, but not too loud 'vrooom' note to it. (Sorry if my technical jargon is to much for y'all) 

AndyJ

Loser (2229)

Pebbles on 10 Sep 2014 07:49

My Rallye with a decat & pugsport is louder at idle :) and that's about 92db. 

The bike is almost certainly louder at high revs though. 

Pebbles

Bad example (276)

Bath

Owain on 10 Sep 2014 08:11

I'd buy an aftermarket can if it sounded that much nicer, one of the problems with the SV was that I had the exhaust replaced from new purely because it looked terrible, and as a result it was louder. Coupled with the fact it's a lumpy twin and I'd actually feel quite conscious of coming home late or going out early. It's not silly loud, but enough that people could get annoyed if you left it running for a couple of minutes at 5am to warm up. The Fazer is much quieter, and I like that. I wouldn't take the SV for a ride around down in the middle of the night, so I'm quite looking forward to having a quieter bike.

Especially as I'll have less torque on the GSXR, I'm aware it'll need more revs.

Owain

Forum Nob (2874)

Chelmsford

1 - 1 + 4

Are you sure you wish to lock this discussion?

Are you sure you wish to unlock this discussion?

Edit dat?

Deleting your post eh? Drunk were we?

Are you sure you wish to delete this entire discussion?

0 online users
The views and opinions expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the club, its creators, moderators or other members.

Club Logo

© Gti7.Club 2022